Monday, June 4, 2012

Under the Sea... a nail DIY


Wow its been a long few days.  How was everyone's weekend. Okay so I am in love with ombre nails! So here is another tutorial a lot like "The second star to the Right". That one came to me while thinking about Peter Pan, this one through The Little Mermaid, she is definitely my favorite princess! Now unfortunately since I was little I have bitten my nails, and I was holding strong the past month, but under certain circumstances I bit them all of, so until they grow back, I cannot do any nail DIY. But alas not all is lost! instead I will do something else, most likely make up or a DIY. I haven't decided yet. Let me know what you think? THANKS!


Start with clean nails then paint your whole nail a light blue color. let this dry mostly. It is easier to blend nails when the colors are wet.


Apply your darker color (I chose purple) to the bottom 1/3 of your nail blending it with the blue. This is easiest if the paint is wet and you put only a little bit of the darker color and paint up toward the tip of your nail. This will blend it better.


I then added a little bit of shimmer to the tip of my nails, I want the sparkles to be mainly on the tips as you will see later.

 

Finally I added the bigger sparkles all over applying them extra thickly to the tips. now cover with a top coat and your done!
 
 



...sometimes I imagine as many as 6 impossible things before breakfast...
<3 Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment