Thursday, May 10, 2012

The second star to the right... a nail DIY

Alright, so I couldn't resist! I was surfing pinterest, or stumble or some site and I saw these ombre nails! and I thought they kinda looked like the sky at night, but they need some sparkles. Every sky needs stars right? I was gonna wait but I got so excited and wanted to share my new discovery. Okay so I did these nails and one hand took my 5 minutes! Heck yes!!! So here we have a step by step, with pictures this time, of ombre nails!!! P.S thx to Kelli for the pictures! XOXO

 Heres the break down of stuff I used! :)
~NYC Purple Pizzazz Frost, - Purchase Amazon
~Love and Beauty Charcoal, - Purchase Amazon
~Love and Beauty Sparkles - Forever 21



Start your nails off plain, buffed and rounded.  Apply a base coat generously.


Next I painted my nails with NYC purple pizzazz frost. Just one coat though. After the purple coat dries completely apply the black to the base of your nail. apply the black to the bottom third of your nail not to thick though. then make sure most of the nail polish is off the black brush by wiping it on the mouth of the black polish bottle. Take the brush (while the black polish is still wet) and brush the black toward the tip of your nail. the second third of the nail, or to the middle.  Let this dry completely!


Now for the stars. I took beauty sparkles from forever 21 and covered my whole nail with this. This will blend and hide any mistakes on your nails! Now you have the galazy in your hands. Well on your nails.


 This is one of my new favorite nail decorations! more to come though, I have become obsessed!!! AHHH! So if you have an idea for hair or nails or clothes, email me! And Ill do a tutorial for it! till next time!! Have a wonderful Thursday!
...wish upon a star, I dare you...
<3 Jordan

1 comment:

  1. another great discovery Jordan! And it went great with my science fair.It was on the milky way galaxy. Great timing!!!! Jordan you are so awesome and don't forget..:):) told 4 people about your blog, and tomorrow i am putting up flyers and posters at my school. Im hoping you get more views!!!!

    ReplyDelete